What to Expect
DBIA’s 2020 Design-Build Conference & Expo provides our attendees the option to attend this year’s event in the way that best fits your needs. Rather than worrying about last-minute changes or even an event cancelation, you can put the Design-Build Conference & Expo on your calendar knowing you will be joining us October 28-30th.
The Design-Build Conference & Expo will be held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland (suburban Washington, D.C.). As one of the nation’s premier conference venues, the Gaylord takes its pandemic response very seriously. Our event will be held in strict accordance with state, local and CDC guidelines, including:
- Cleaning of all public spaces and guest rooms with electrostatic sprayers utilizing hospital-grade disinfectant.
- The provision of disinfectant wipes in sleeping rooms for guests’ personal use.
- Density reduction in all meeting rooms and exhibit hall spaces to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Availability of hand sanitizing stations throughout the meeting space.
- Contactless room service.
- Modified operational practices for food service during the event (i.e., individually wrapped items as opposed to buffet).
You can see the Gaylord’s full list of COVID-19 protocols here
We've learned to expect the unexpected.
If the in-person event must be canceled due to circumstances beyond our control, the show will go on virtually. In-person registrations will automatically roll-over to our virtual event, with a refund issued for the difference in registration costs. Our goal is to ensure this event continues to be impactful, engaging and most importantly, safe for our DBIA community. We know we can deliver that promise both ways.
Virtual – the DBIA Way
Innovation and creativity are core to DBIA’s mission of serving our nation’s design-builders. That’s why we’re excited to create a virtual event that elevates the remote experience to bring the best of our live Design-Build Conference & Expo event directly to you. Remote attendees will have access to an impressive group of design-build panels, presenters and industry leaders offering insights and resources vital to every member of a design-build team. It’s more important than ever that America’s design-build teams collaborate and innovate to help our nation rebuild our economy in this COVID-19 era. The virtual Design-Build Conference & Expo is designed to help teams meet the challenges ahead.
The Next Best thing to Being There
Virtual attendees have access to an impressive line-up of live General Session speakers, presentations on seven tracks of education including targeted sessions on virtual design and construction, the Water/Wastewater and Transportation sectors and the expertise of our many Conference & Expo exhibitors. Our program will include:
- 50+ education sessions
- Live General Session speakers
- Live Design-Build Project/Teams Awards Ceremony
- 1 on 1 appointment scheduling with exhibitors
- Attendee/Exhibitor chats
- Access to all educational content and the exhibitor showcase for a full year
The 2020 Design-Build Conference & Expo will be one to remember and we look forward to seeing you in October. Registration is now open.
Questions? Contact DBIA Conferences Team at email@example.com