(Pre-conference Event) *Additional fee
We’ve expanded the VDCLEx to a half-day preconference event on Oct. 31 that includes a general session, Leaders Forum and two specialized tracks: one for experienced VDC professionals on how teams are leveraging VDC Done Right to address project challenges while providing value outcomes for their clients and the other for non-VDC professionals on the importance of bringing VDC to the table early on in projects.
No matter what your level of VDC experience, the VDCLEx offers opportunities to better understand how design and construction technology and emerging processes are integral to driving greater efficiencies on design-build projects. The natural merger of VDC and project delivery, combined with the evolution of future tech innovations, will continue to highlight the value being realized by design-builders and owners across the built environment.
TRACK 1 - VDC Deep Dive – For audiences more versed in VDC, this track explores current trends in VDC, such as, but not limited to:
- The future of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence and robotics
- Defining collaborative workflows and processes to connect technology
- Exploring BIM use beyond just model authoring and clash detection, such as safety, estimating, scheduling
- Identifying KPIs in leveraging VDC
- Review needed contract language updates to influence better collaboration
TRACK 2 - VDC for Non-VDC Professionals – For audiences newer to VDC, this track that provide insight on how leveraging VDC can evolve the traditional business-as-usual approach to the design and construction process:
- Define the value and ROI of VDC in design-build
- Illustrate the importance of bringing VDC to the table from the outset of projects
- Outline how VDC is enabling design-build professionals to better socialize with project teams to
- drive transparency throughout the design, construction and turnover process