SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 28, 2019
To download a PDF copy of all criteria before completing the submission process below click here.
With more than 2,000+ industry professionals spanning the architecture, engineering and construction communities including both new and experienced design-build Owners in attendance, the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) annual Design-Build Conference & Expo offers unparalleled and exclusive access to the largest national gathering of the year for the design-build market.
The 2019 Design-Build Conference and Expo will be held November 6-8, 2019 at the iconic Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada!
This event provides a unique opportunity for networking across all disciplines and market sectors, and educational opportunities ranging from introductory design-build education to advanced application and theory.
We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, and well-spoken industry experts to highlight key aspects of design-build project delivery including, but not limited to best practices, lessons learned, noted challenges, strategies to achieving optimal outcomes, and emerging trends. DBIA promotes the value of design-build project delivery and teaches the effective integration of design and construction services to ensure success for owners and design and construction practitioners.
Only submissions that align with the core purposes noted above will be considered.
Although there is no restriction on topics to be submitted, the following have been identified as areas of interest for 2019:
HOW ARE PRESENTATIONS SCORED?
A committee of design-build industry experts reviews and ranks all submissions received. Additional consideration will be given to presentations that include one or more of the following elements.
SUBMITTING YOUR PRESENTATION IDEA
All submissions must be completed online. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Only those who answer "yes" to the following questions need respond:
1. Can you and any additional panelists, if selected, commit to travel to present in a time slot to be determined between the dates of November 6-8, 2019 in Las Vegas, NV.
2. Is your content fresh and highly relevant to the successful execution of design-build and/or other integrated delivery methodologies?
3. Are there at least four concrete and substantive strategies, "lessons learned" or practical tools that attendees can take away from your session and apply to their next capital project?
4. Are you (and co-presenters where relevant) dynamic presenters and comfortable engaging in audience Q&A with evidence of your experience in successfully presenting concepts and ideas to an audience with 75 or more participants?
6. If proposing a case study, the Owner or Owner consultant is required to participate in the presentation, and case study must present a clear lesson/message.
Logistical Contact Name, Title and Full Contact Information – This person must be prepared to serve as DBIA's main point of contact if selected, including coordination with co-presenters, where applicable. If the logistical contact is also a speaker/presenter, please also include this information in that section.
September 10, 2019
October 15, 2019
Draft presentations will be reviewed by DBIA and feedback will be provided to presenters prior to the final presentation deadline.
All speakers are responsible for their own travel/lodging costs. Owner speakers may apply for a DBIA scholarship to help defray these costs. Scholarships are available for conference registration or travel or lodging to owners to attend the conference, with or without involvement in presentations. These are available on a first-come, first served basis.
DBIA will notify submitters of DBIA’s final decision by May 15th.
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to:
Associate Meeting Planner
Voice: (202) 454-7528
Fax: (202) 682-5877
Design-Build Institute of America
1331 Pennsylvania Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20004
Back to Top