2018 Design-Build Conference & Expo
November 7-9, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
DBIA’s 25th Anniversary Conference & Expo
Share Your Design-Build Expertise
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 26, 2018
Do you have a design-build story to tell or “lesson learned” that you can share with the industry? Thousands of industry professionals spanning the architecture, engineering or construction community attend Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) conferences each year and we’re now looking for presenters for our special 25th Anniversary Celebration of Collaboration at DBIA’s 2018 Design-Build Conference and Expo in New Orleans.
This will be the design-build event of the year providing a unique opportunity for industry experts to address a broad array of design-build pros across all sectors during an historic year for our industry. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, and well-spoken industry experts to highlight key aspects of design-build project delivery including best practices, lessons learned, noted challenges, and/or emerging trends. DBIA promotes the value of design-build project delivery and teaches Design-Build Done Right™ principles which deliver the effective integration of design and construction services for owners and practitioners alike.
Only submissions that align with these core purposes will be considered.
Although there is no restriction on the topics you can submit, here are some of our areas of interest for 2018:
HOW ARE PRESENTATIONS SCORED?
A committee of design-build industry experts reviews and grades all submissions received. Favorable consideration is given to presentations that include one or more of the following elements:
SUBMITTING YOUR PRESENTATION IDEA
All submissions must be completed online. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Submittals must answer "yes" to the following questions:
1. If selected, Primary Presenter and any additional panelists commit their availability to travel to present in a timeslot to be determined but between the dates of November 7-9, 2018 in New Orleans, LA?
2. Is content fresh and highly relevant to the successful execution of design-build and related delivery methodologies?
3. Are there at least four concrete and substantive strategies, "lessons learned" or practical tools that attendees can learn and apply to their next capital project?
4. Do presenters have evidence of experience in successfully presenting concepts and ideas to an audience with 75 or more participants?
5. Are Presenters dynamic and comfortable engaging in audience Q&A?
6. If proposing a case study, is the owner confirmed to participate in the presentation, and is there a clear lesson/message?
Speaker names, titles, and credentials will be listed exactly as submitted if selected, so please confirm this information with fellow panelists.
September 10, 2018
October 15, 2018
Owners are encouraged to submit presentations and attend the conference. Scholarships are available for conference registration, travel, lodging, and meals to owners to attend the conference, with or without involvement in presentations. These are available on a first-come, first served basis.
DBIA will notify selected presenters by April.
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to:
Meetings & Events Coordinator
Voice: (202) 454-7528
Fax: (202) 682-5877
E-mail: Allison Leisner
Back to Top